If you want to start a website or blog, you’ll need a good domain name to go along with it.
And Guess what! You will need the best domain name generator in order to get a funky one.
Choosing the right domain name isn’t any more a stroll in the park, not least since there are now over 330 million registered website names (a number that is which at a rate of 3.7 percent each year).
The above implies that staying unique (and even discovering great available domain names) is becoming increasingly difficult!
That notwithstanding, you want a memorable and meaningful website address that also describes your brand.
However, even though you put up with something memorable and deserving of your name, the .com domain may have already been taken.
This just serves to send you back to the drawing table, resulting in more headaches.
Regardless of how daunting the challenge might be, you should put considerable thought into it and actually come up with a domain name that meets at least one of the following criteria:
- Makes it simple to remember your website, and thus your company.
- Is it possible to brand it?
- It appears to be reliable.
- Is distinctive.
In this post, we’ll go even further by reviewing a number of ten extremely useful tools for brainstorming and generating domain name ideas.
In fact, this post has a list of the 10 best domain name generators you can find around.
If you are short on time, here are the best domain name generators to choose from.
- Domain Wheel
- Business Name Generator By Shopify
- Lean Domain Search
A word of caution!
Since these domain name generators are based on artificial intelligence, they are not without flaws.
They remain, nevertheless, decent enough to get your imaginative juices going so you can choose the right domain name for your website.
10 Best Domain Name Generators
Following that, we’ll go through each of the domain names on the list in detail.
1. Name Mesh
If you want to use several keywords in your domain, NameMesh is one of the best domain name generators to use.
Using a thesaurus, antonyms, synonyms, prefixes, suffixes, or even overlapping terms, NameMesh allows users to play around with keywords.
NameMesh generates a vast list of domains based on your keywords, which is nicely separated into a few categories: short, common, fun, new, and SEO.
What are your plans for using the tool? Begin by entering your keywords — one or more — and then selecting the TLDs you’re interested in.
NameMesh can create a large list of domain names for you and let you know which ones you are able to register.
Tip: Unchecking the box labeled “hide registered” would lead to a better understanding of how viable those domain names are.
In general, you wouldn’t want a domain name if the majority of the other TLDs have already been taken.
- The quantity of domains propagated is enormous.
- The Fun group is especially interesting.
- Almost any of the domain names mentioned as available aren’t actually available.
- It does not contain suggestions for similar keywords.
2. Domain Wheel
Domain Wheel is an artificial intelligence-powered tool that helps you improve your search by suggesting keyword combinations, synonyms, and related keywords.
They mix their search with random thoughts, names that appear identical to your search, rhyme with your search, and other unrelated concepts.
When the very actual names Domain Wheel generates aren’t right for your site, it also offers a few random suggestions as well as a list of keywords relevant to the subject you’re looking for.
This domain name generator allows you to choose from 15 different domain extensions, along with new ones like .blog and .info
It displays only available names in addition to proposing random imaginative names. The user-friendly layout helps you to browse for TLDs using a dropdown menu.
- It has innovative name options such as “rhymes with” and “sounds like”
- The tool’s user interface is both fast and beautiful.
- You may use extensions to slim results down.
- It displays relevant keywords to your topic.
- There aren’t many choices for filtering the data.
- It is not available on social media.
BustAName is a domain name generator that is simple to use.
While the tool’s layout and design aren’t as appealing as some of the more modern alternatives, don’t mistake its unappealing appearance for a lack of results.
It will reorder the words into a variety of names based on the keywords you enter.
BustAName’s domain name generator requires a lot more information than the majority of the other tools on this list.
The Domain Maker in BustAName’s most striking feature is the ability to customize how natural-sounding your name should be.
BustAName has a number of filtering tools to assist you in finding a good domain name that fits your requirements.
Begin by searching for keywords, then select options like “starts” or “ends” using your keyword.
Then select your character limit and filter by how realistic you would like the domains to appear.
Pluralizing nouns, dropping the last vowel, and adding suffix, prefix, and hyphen are some of the other features.
You haven’t had enough? Try out the website’s domain builder. It will create natural-sounding domains taking the word you type in – either at the beginning or at the end.
- The domains it recommends are unique and sound intriguing.
- It allows you to save domains for later.
- It compares the costs of various registrars.
- If you’re stuck for ideas, there’s a button that says “Make Random Domains.”
- You can’t put your seed keyword somewhere other than at the beginning or end of the domain name.
You won’t be disappointed with NameBoy, which is one of the longest-running and best domain name generators available.
This is among the most well-known and valued name generators on the market, having been established in 1999.
NameBoy produces some exciting domain names, particularly if you’d like to register more TLDs than standard.com.
As a domain name generator, NameBoy uses a combination of terms, suffixes, prefixes, and the keywords you enter to generate name suggestions.
Users can enter single or multiple keywords, and it will generate a list of possible domain names for you to choose from.
Thereafter, you can display information for just about any domain name by clicking on it, or you can finish the registration by following the on-screen instructions.
It is lightning quick, allowing you to browse through more domain name options in very little time.
- It displays the availability of a small number of TLDs.
- It displays domain names that are eligible for resale.
- It gives you the option of providing two seed keywords.
- You have the option of allowing or disallowing hyphens.
- If you want to purchase a domain name directly from NameBoy, Google has classified the checkout process as “unsafe.”
- It doesn’t search whether you’re on social media.
- Bluehost is used to verify domain availability.
NameStall provides some resources to assist you in your domain quest.
This is a set of domain name generators rather than a single method.
The three-word domain name generator, the key domain name generator, and the rhyming domain name generator are the three most useful ones (in my opinion).
Begin by using their domain name generator tool, which allows you to search for domain names using keywords and other filters such as industry categories, parts of speech, Basic English terms, and common keywords.
You may also choose if the seed keyword should appear at the start or end of your domain, allow or disable hyphens, and choose a ‘word category’ to conclude your domain.
Finally, decide which extensions you want to retrieve by. You’ll be sent a list of available choices, both taken and unregistered.
To register for the one you want, click the “register” button next to it.
NameStall also has a related domain name recommendation app, a brandable domain name list, as well as an instant domain search tool, and a search tool for high-paying keywords.
- It has a lot of word community customization options.
- It allows you to specify where in the domain name your keyword should appear.
- It allows you to search a small number of TLDs before registering them.
- You may only conduct five searches before being compelled to purchase a subscription… Alternatively, you can use your browser’s incognito window.
This tool was created by Shopify, one of the most successful and best eCommerce platforms on the internet, as the name implies.
Shopify is known for providing users with free resources, and the Business Name Generator tool is one of them.
In terms of functionality, there isn’t anything that distinguishes this method from the rest, but it is one of the fastest and simplest to use.
Despite the fact that the tool’s name implies that it’s only for creating business names, Shopify’s Business Name Generator also provides domain name suggestions.
Simply type in a seed keyword and then see what recommendations this generator comes up with.
The domain names you’ll have here are all .coms, and you can register them straight away if you want to use them to create a Shopify store.
If you don’t want to create a Shopify store and just want to generate domain names, you can purchase the web address elsewhere.
Furthermore, if you want to use Shopify to open an online store, this tool will come in handy.
- When compared to LeanDomainSearch, the domain names it suggests appear to be a little more creative.
- It allows you to create a Shopify store right after deciding on a domain name… But that’s only a benefit if that’s what you really want to do.
- It only displays domain name availability for.com extensions.
- Only Shopify users can use the tool to register domain names.
You’ve reached the right place if you want to use to choose from thousands of domain names.
The most reliable method for finding a domain name for your website is Lean Domain Search.
This is a tool developed by the Automattic team, which is known for the WordPress.com platform and the core WordPress team, so they should have a lot of experience with domain names and websites.
Although it only displays those with a.com extension, the sheer volume of results provides you with a plethora of choices to consider.
Begin with a single keyword and then use Lean Domain Search to look up your domain choices.
With 95% accuracy, it will match your search phrase with widely used keywords to recommend and view available names. It also separates the results by popularity, length, or alphabetically, and filters them by keyword order.
You may also use this application to:
- Sort by alphabetical order, volume, or popularity.
- Make a list of your favorite domain names.
- Keep track of your previous searches.
- Share the results of your quest.
- Instantly check to see if your own ideas are available.
Do you want to slay two birds with one stone? It also looks for available Twitter usernames.
- It allows you to ‘favorite’ certain domains for later analysis.
- It allows you to register domain names directly from inside the tool.
- It also looks for Twitter usernames that are open.
- It displays the results of your previous searches.
- It only displays the availability of .com domains.
- Only letters and spaces are permitted, with numbers and hyphens being excluded.
DomainsBot is a domain search tool as well as a domain recommendation tool.
This domain name generator provides info, insights, and resources to the domain and hosting professionals.
DomainsBot generates valid name suggestions for all available TLDs in 11 languages.
Begin by typing in a keyword to see what suggestions are available based on that keyword, combined keywords, or similar keywords. Otherwise, look up the domain name you’re looking for.
The results can be filtered by language, extension, and related keywords. It only displays available names, and it uses data to enhance suggestions and view the most applicable variations and TLDs.
DomainsBot does an excellent job of not only creating intriguing domain names for you but also allowing you to choose synonyms to use amid your seed keywords.
- Prefixes, synonyms, and suffixes, allows for a lot of personalization.
- Provides appropriate tips for all of your nTLDs, gTLDs, and ccTLDs.
- Users can register their domain with their preferred registrar directly from the generator.
- Provides you only the domains that are currently open.
- It doesn’t deliver very innovative name suggestions because it tries to remain true to the initial question.
Impossibility has a lot of cool features.
Another domain name creator on this list is Impossibility, which takes a somewhat different approach than the others.
It can combine your single keyword with verbs, adjectives, and nouns to create memorable domain names.
Impossibility! Takes a unique approach to domain name generation, and it also provides several useful options for customizing the process.
Much better, only the unregistered.com domains are shown in the data. As a result, there is no need for manual verification.
Just start by entering a seed keyword and then specifying what you’d like to see added to it.
You can choose between adjectives, verbs, and nouns, as well as whether they should be four, five, or six letters long, and whether they should appear at the start or end of the sentence.
- It gives you a lot of flexibility when it comes to customizing domains.
- Do come up with some interesting domain names.
- It only displays domains that have been licensed.
- It only applies to.com domains.
- There is only one seed keyword that can be used.
You may use Domain Name Search to find available domain names.
This platform has an instant domain generator that can make you come up with several interesting keyword solutions.
However, it is not a generator that can be used to build a new project from start to finish.
That being said, you can favorite the names and immediately search for availability in a variety of extensions as well as on a variety of social media platforms.
- It functions in real-time as you type.
- Provides a quick overview of all available TLDs.
- Custom TLDs can be added to the quest.
- It looks up usernames on social media sites.
- Since this tool doesn’t allow gaps, you’ll likely have to limit yourself to a single keyword.
- It does not allow for the use of phrases or multiple words.
What Is A Domain Name Generator?
A domain generator is a useful tool that generates domain name suggestions or ideas depending on the terms you input in.
How to Get a Free Domain Name
If you want to get a free domain name, web hosts like BlueHost do have the option of starting with a free domain name at least for a year after which you will need to pay if you intend to keep the name.
That is it for this post! You now have ten of the best domain name generators at your disposal.
With the domain name generators on this list, you should be able to come up with a catchy name for your next project.
We do know that after choosing your domain name, the next thing to do is to pick the best web host for your blog or website.
You can use our step-by-step guide on how to set up a blog, to get started ASAP.
If you’ve value this article, please do use the share button to share it with anyone who you think will need it.